Last amended: 6/27/2017
The personal online area Meine SBK (https://meine.sbk.org) is operated / provided by
Heimeranstraße 31, 80339 Munich
Telefon: +49 89 / 62700-0
Fax: +49 89 / 62700-102
§ 1 General Guidelines
Meine SBK enables SBK members to enjoy exclusive, round-the-clock access to a wide variety of information and services. This allows SBK to provide its members with the option of undertaking many tasks online from their homes, whether our offices are open or not.
Participation in Meine SBK is free of charge.
§ 2 Eligibility
Any SBK member who has reached the age of 15 is eligible to use Meine SBK.
Knowledge of a member number, name, and birth date alone is not sufficient to allow retrieval of any other personal information from Meine SBK.
After registering for Meine SBK, you will first receive an email password. You will be immediately prompted to change this email password to a unique personal password. This password does not allow you to view or change your information, and will not enable you to use services such as online mail.
Unrestricted access, including the ability to view and change your personal data, is only possible once you have received your activation code in the mail. Certain services also allow you to view information about any dependents included in your policy.
You are obligated to ensure that no third party gains access to your password. If this duty of care is breached, SBK will assume no liability for any damages that may arise.
§ 4 Registration and Login
Eligible users can register for Meine SBK online at:https://meine.sbk.org
- When registering for Meine SBK, you will be required to enter personal information including your member number, postal code, birth date, and email address. By registering for and using Meine SBK, you consent
- to allow the information you enter to be transmitted to SBK for the purpose of data synchronization.
- to allow your telephone number to be saved automatically in our system and used to contact you when necessary.
- to allow your email address to be saved automatically in our system and used to inform you when new documents are available in your online mailbox, as per §5.
- After you have registered, a temporary password will be sent to the email address you provided during registration. When you change this password to a unique, personal password, you will be able to use some of the services available.
A few days after registration, you will receive your personal activation code in the mail. This personal activation code grants you access to the full range of Meine SBK features.
§ 5 Online Mail Service
After you register for Meine SBK, you will receive an activation code in the mail, which will allow you to access the full range of Meine SBK features. From this time onwards, you will be able to activate the online mail service.
This service allows you to receive messages and documents in your Meine SBK mailbox. As soon as a new document arrives in your mailbox, you will be notified via email. The email address used for this purpose can be found in the “My Info” section of Meine SBK, and can be changed at any time.
Documents in your mailbox are archived for up to four years. You also have the option of printing out documents and saving them on your device.
You may unsubscribe from the online mail service at any time in the secure area online or by calling us at 0800 0 725 725 9750 (toll-free from within Germany).
§ 6 Personal Infomail
Meine SBK also offers you to the option of signing up for personal infomail. Personal infomail allows your personal adviser to send you regular emails with topics and tips relating to your health, and SBK offers that may be of interst to you. The email address used to send you personal infomail can be found in the “My Info” section of Meine SBK, and can be changed at any time.
You may unsubscribe from personal infomail at any time in the secure area online or by calling us at 0800 0 725 725 9750 (toll-free from within Germany).
§ 7 Duty of Care and Obligation to Cooperate / Disclaimer of Liability
- Your personal password is an important security measure when using Meine SBK. Use the logout button to leave Meine SBK and close down your browser completely. Do not allow any third party to gain access your personal password. SBK assumes no liability for any damages that may arise in the event that you breach your duty of care.
- SBK will strive to ensure that our services are always accessible to our members, but will assume no liability for (a) errors, delays, or interruptions in delivery of these services or for (b) malfunctions in our technical facilities or disruption to such services. There is no entitlement to permanent access to our services.
- Furthermore, we assume no liability for incorrect content or damages that may arise due to (c) the loss or deletion of data, (d) malicious software, or (e) other issues resulting from use of the SBK portal unless the aforementioned damages are caused by willful intent or gross negligence on the part of SBK.
§ 8 Cancellation
You may cancel your participation in Meine SBK online in the secure area or by calling us at 0800 0 725 725 9750 (toll-free from within Germany). If you cancel your participation in Meine SBK, this will also cancel your participation in the online mail service and your subscription to personal infomail.
§ 9 Suspension of Access to Meine SBK
If it emerges that a participant is not authorized to use Meine SBK under §2, or is misusing Meine SBK, SBK is entitled to block access to Meine SBK.
For security reasons, access will be suspended for one hour if an incorrect password is entered three times in a row.
§ 11 Copyright
All content on the Meine SBK site, including layouts, graphics, logos, software, text, etc., is protected by copyright.