• SBK Customer Hotline

    0800 072 572 572 50

    7 days / 24h toll-free within Germany 

  • Find your

    personal consultant

    How can I help you?

Unemployed individuals

If you receive unemployment benefits (ALG I or ALG II), you do not pay any contributions for health insurance

If you are receiving unemployment benefits (Arbeitslosengeld oder Bürgergeld) from the Federal Employment Agency, you automatically remain insured in the statutory health and nursing care insurance system during this time. You can continue to use almost all services like normal. The Federal Employment Agency pays your contributions for you. This is also the case if you receive no unemployment benefits during a hold-off period.

Not receiving any benefits from the Federal Employment Agency? Then you have two options:


Please let us know

Whether you have signed up with the Federal Employment Agency or not; you must be insured even during periods of unemployment. Please let us know what your status is, so you can continue to benefit from our comprehensive insurance cover.