Build up renewed strength to tackle day-to-day life at a family rehabilitation centre
Residential family rehabilitation centres (or parent-and-child health resorts) are an excellent option for spending a few weeks away from your hectic everyday life. They also give you fresh impetus for dealing with family life, offer tips on how to deal with existing illnesses better and even show you how to manage your daily routines better going forward.
Family rehabilitation centres have the following requirements:
- You have not attended a residential family rehabilitation centre in the last four years.
- You and your child do not find it difficult to be apart every so often. This is because your child will attend a special childcare centre during your stay.
Visits to family rehabilitation centres typically last for three weeks and take place in special healthcare clinics.
Family rehabilitation – your SBK benefits
- We have agreements in place with a variety of family rehabilitation centres around the country, which have been welcoming SBK customers for many years. This means you can be sure that your stay will always be in a first-class resort.
- Your personal consultant will work closely with you to find the suitable clinic for your family rehabilitation stay and organise an appointment for you to visit. That’s all you need to do – we’ll take care of the rest.
- Would it help you to speak to a specialist psychologist or take advantage of any other services ahead of your visit to a family rehabilitation centre? Here is where you find various offers and services from SBK to support you when you need it most in challenging situations.
Here’s how to arrange family rehabilitation
In order to arrange a stay at a family rehabilitation centre as soon as possible, please contact your doctor. If he or she prescribes such a stay, you will need to fill in the paperwork together. Please send this to SBK, 80227 Munich, Germany.
We will go through your documents as soon as we receive them. If they pass our checks, we will cover the full costs of your residential family rehabilitation visit in addition to any travel costs. All that’s left for you to pay is a statutory supplement of 10 euros per day.
If you or your child suffer from a chronic illness or another serious illness, it may make sense to organise your rehabilitation through your pension scheme or a children’s rehabilitation programme. Your personal consultant will be happy to provide you with more details in this regard.
Child sickness benefit
Health checks for children and young people