All costs covered for prevention, early detection and treatment
Dental treatment covers all of the necessary work associated with the prevention, early detection and treatment of tooth, oral or jaw diseases, along with any fillings that may be required.
Your dentist will check your teeth and offer you entirely personalised advice on which treatments may be appropriate or necessary. But regardless of which treatment you decide on, SBK will cover the cost of your dental work to help ease the financial burden for you.
All you have to do is demonstrate that your dental treatment is medically essential and that the work done to your teeth only includes what is actually necessary.
Dental treatment – your SBK benefits
- Costs covered for medically necessary dental treatments: the procedures completed by your dentist give you the peace of mind that the affected tooth substance has been removed and therefore the cause of pain has been eliminated. The best thing about it is that we cover the costs of your medically essential dental treatment as your health insurer.
- Your personal consultant will help you to find a good dentist.
- Find the perfect filling for your teeth: your dentist will help you decide which filling is right for you. We cover the cost of the following filling types as part of your dental treatment: amalgam, composite plastic fillings in the anterior tooth region up to and including tooth three (this may involve some excess on your part; your dentist will provide you with further details), composite plastic fillings in the posterior tooth region in the event of a demonstrable amalgam allergy or serious renal deficiency, glass ionomer cement and compomer (all of which are suitable on a temporary basis).
- Added peace of mind offered by ARAG supplementary dental insurance: as an SBK customer, you can take advantage of the supplementary insurance services that we offer in conjunction with our partner ARAG when it comes to the cost of your dental treatment. The supplementary dental insurance services from ARAG cover the agreed amount of excess for dental treatment, dentures and orthodontics, depending on your tariff. Further information is available from your personal consultant.
- Maintain an overview of costs with our partner MediKompass: when it comes to dentures and fillings, there are various options, questions and huge variations that can all affect the cost of your dental treatment. You can find out more from your personal consultant.
Dental treatment – your costs covered
Your dentist invoices SBK directly for the contractual dental costs associated with your treatment. Simply show your electronic health care card to the dental surgery and that’s all there is to it.
In the event that services require prior approval – for example, periodontal treatment – your dentist will contact us directly. Generally speaking, you will receive the go-ahead from us with regard to taking on the contractual treatment costs within a few days of us receiving the necessary paperwork.