Enjoy an increased allowance for your dentures from SBK
Your SBK will help with the costs for a crown, bridge or even dentures with a fixed denture allowance. The amount of this allowance is dependent on your results, which may reveal that one of your teeth needs a crown or even that one of your teeth is missing. Treatment and cost plans issued before 1 October 2020 generally include a fixed allowance of 50% of the costs of medically necessary treatments. Starting 1 October 2020, the fixed allowance will be 60% of the costs of medically necessary treatments. This kind of treatment is known as standard care. If you opt for something that goes beyond the scope of standard care, such as a gold crown instead of a metal one, then you will have to pay the additional costs yourself.
Preventative measures pay off
Your bonus booklet serves as an official record of your regular dental check-ups, and this will be provided to you by your dentist. You can reduce your costs if you go to the dentist regularly for check-ups and have your dentist confirm this in your dental bonus booklet. If you can prove that you had a check-up in each of the five calendar years before the start of your treatment, then the SBK allowance will increase to 60%. If you can prove check-ups for ten years, the allowance will increase to 65%.
Starting 1 October 2020, the SBK allowance will even increase to 70% for five proven calendar years and 75% for ten proven calendar years due to the increased fixed allowance. Young people will receive the bonus for necessary dental prosthetics if they can prove that they have had a check-up every six months up to their 18th birthday.
Calculating the fixed allowance based on check-up results offers a clear advantage: you will still receive your allowance for dentures even if you select a more expensive and elaborate treatment. The only condition is that this is a recognised and approved alternative – for example, using implants to treat cavities.
Dentures – your SBK benefits
- Reduce the cost of your dentures. You will learn which special features have to be observed when your dentures are made in other European countries. It’s best to ask your personal consultant if you have any questions in this regard.
- SBK Denture Consultation Service: to ensure everything about your dentures runs smoothly, we offer a free Denture Consultation Service with an independent dental consultant. Find out everything you need to know about legal requirements, dental findings, your excess for the agreed treatment and alternative procedures. In fact, if you have any questions at all relating to dentures, you will always receive competent and objective support.
- Second opinion: if your treatment plan seems comprehensive or complicated and you would like a second opinion, we offer a service in many regions that involves putting you in touch with an impartial dentist in your area. This second opinion on your teeth is something we can offer entirely free of charge.
- SBK Health Telephone: if you would like specific information on the advantages and disadvantages of certain materials, or even on alternative treatment types, you can contact us at any time on the SBK Health Telephone. Contact the experts behind the SBK Health Telephone.
- SBK Appointments Service: have you scheduled your next dental appointment yet? Then you should definitely try out our SBK Appointments Service. This is your quick and easy way to organise an appointment that suits you while saving you valuable time.
- Minimise your excess for dental treatments and dentures with exclusive additional insurance cover from SBK. We have carefully selected and developed this offer just for you together with the specialists from ARAG. You can find out more from your personal consultant.
How to get dentures
Your dentist will draw up a plan outlining the treatments and anticipated costs. They will then help you decide which treatment is right for you. You can always turn to our free Denture Consultation Service if you have any doubts. Please contact your personal consultant to learn more.
You will then send your treatment and cost plan – together with your bonus booklet documenting your dental check-ups – to us at the following address prior to starting treatment: SBK, 80227 Munich, Germany. Generally speaking, you will receive the go-ahead for your plan within a few days of us receiving the necessary paperwork. This will provide you with a detailed breakdown of costs, including the fixed allowance amount and your excess. Your dentist will simply contact us directly regarding our allowance for your dentures. There is only one exception that applies in this regard: if you decide to select an alternative treatment, such as implants, you will receive your allowance after the treatment. The additional cost agreement you conclude with your dentist will tell you how high your excess is and whether there are any alternative procedures available before the treatment starts.
Simply show your health care card to the dental surgery on your first day of treatment. Your dentist invoices SBK directly for all medically necessary treatments.
What to do if the dentures don’t fit
Visit your dentist directly if your dentures are pinching or not sitting properly once inserted. The same applies for repairs: your dentist can help you out with most problems free of charge within the warranty period of two years. If there is still no improvement, please speak to your personal consultant who will be happy to help.