Additional cover: overseas travel insurance
The best possible protection during overseas travel at especially affordable rates
Considering health insurance for your overseas travel? Then you may find the following information helpful. The benefits of statutory health insurance are limited to European countries and do not offer global cover. SBK is therefore not permitted to reimburse any costs you may incur here, or is only able to cover your costs to a limited extent, depending on the country. SBK is not generally permitted to cover the cost of medical transfers back to Germany, for example.
That’s why we recommend taking out additional cover BEFORE departing on your journey: overseas travel health insurance, like the RD tariff for families and for singles from ERGO Direkt, a tariff that has been lauded by Finanztestconsumer magazine. This way you can enjoy worldwide insurance cover when abroad.
Travel health insurance – your SBK benefits
- Exclusive 10% discount
- Global insurance cover overseas with an award-winning tariff for overseas travel health insurance from ERGO Direkt
- Always valid for the first eight weeks of any overseas travel
- 24-hour emergency hotline for optimal support in the event of a claim
- Fast agreement by telephone for immediate cover for you
- Especially affordable family contribution for all of your family members living within the same household (including children up to 18 years of age) and wanting travel health insurance
- No health check
Overseas travel health insurance: what’s covered
- 100% of the cost of medically necessary emergency inpatient and outpatient care, including prescribed medications
- Remedies and aids
- Travel costs to the nearest medically suitable doctor or hospital
- Dental conservation treatment, dental care to stop pain and denture repair
- Medical care in the event of complications during pregnancy
- Medical transfer back to Germany if deemed medically sensible and reasonable
Age Annual contribution including 10% SBK discount 64 or younger €8.91 65 to 69 €17.91 70 or older €31.41 Age Annual contribution including 10% SBK discount 64 or younger €17.82 65 to 69 €35.82 70 or older €62.82
How to take advantage of the tariff
We will be pleased to answer any questions you have in English by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you put 'SBK customer' in the subject line! We will usually answer within 48 hours.