Maternity pay: entitlement and application
Receive maternity pay from SBK during your maternity leave both before and after you give birth
We will issue your maternity pay to you for the duration of your maternity leave. Your maternity leave is the time during your pregnancy in which you don’t have to work, starting six weeks before you give birth and ending eight weeks after. In the case of premature or multiple births, the postnatal maternity leave during which you are eligible for maternity pay extends to 12 weeks.
Maternity pay – your SBK benefits:
- If we don’t already have access to your income level, we can ask your employer directly. This means you don’t need to worry about this aspect of your maternity pay application.
- It doesn’t matter whether your baby arrives earlier or later than expected: we will deal with the extension of your maternity leave.
- If you can get the written confirmation of your expected due date to us before you give birth, we can start paying your maternity pay immediately for the period running up to the special day.
Maternity pay: essential paperwork
- Your doctor or midwife will provide you with written confirmation of your expected due date prior to giving birth. Please complete the form on the back of this document and send it to us for your maternity pay application. You will then receive your maternity pay for the period in the run-up to your baby’s birth.
- Once your baby is born, you will receive a birth certificate or similar confirmation featuring the note ‘maternity support’ from the relevant registry office. In the event of premature or multiple births, your doctor will also provide you with written confirmation free of charge. Please forward this to us so that we can calculate and issue your total entitlement to maternity pay. The address for submitting these certificates and confirmations is as follows: SBK,80227 Munich, Germany.