SBK Bonus Scheme
Motivated, activated and rewarded.
Are you regularly taking care of your health? It’s great that you're taking the time to do that. Now you can reward yourself for your healthy lifestyle with the SBK Bonus Scheme. It’s easy to get involved digitally via the Meine SBK app. This allows you to keep track of your bonus activities wherever you are and at any time – all together in one place along with other SBK services.
For example, you can view the daily status of your bonus credit or submit new activities at any time. After just a few days, you can take pleasure in the news that we have credited your bonus. Parents can also submit bonus activities digitally for children under 15 years old covered by family insurance.
Be sure to upload your activities for 2023 in the app before it’s too late and get your bonus credit paid out by 15 December. Because only if payments are made this year will you benefit from the tax-free amount of up to € 150. All the information about this can be found at sbk.org/tax.
From 2024, your healthy lifestyle will pay off even more for you. Becoming a member of a sports club or taking part in a park run, for example, will thus give you twice as much bonus credit: € 20 for each. There is also something good for the little ones: there is € 10 on offer here for taking part in health checks for children and young people.
Look forward to 2024: being health-conscious is even more rewarding in the New Year!
We are doubling the bonus payments for health-conscious choices. Children and young people will receive double the bonus for health checks in future. And because every step counts, not only are we doubling the bonus for the 10,000 Steps Challenge in the Meine SBK app, but will also be rewarding this twice a year in future!
SBK Bonus Scheme – your SBK benefits:
- You will get a bonus for every health check and every vaccination or completed series of vaccinations.
- You will get a bonus once a year for professional teeth cleaning.
- You will get a bonus for health-conscious choices and sport.
- You can take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme via the Meine SBK app – simply register on Meine SBK.
- In your Meine SBK account you will find the bonus scheme for your children under 15 years old covered by family insurance. Children from the age of 15 can take part in the bonus scheme digitally via their own Meine SBK account.
- You can simply have your accumulated bonus credit paid out by March 31 of the following year - as a cash amount or tax-free as reimbursement of an invoice for certain health services.
Your SBK benefits from digital use of the SBK Bonus Scheme
- Up to date: You can see your latest bonus credit balance.
- Easy: You can submit your activities and upload the required proof any time and anywhere via Meine SBK.
- Family-friendly: In your own Meine SBK account you will also find the bonus scheme for your children under 15 years old covered by family insurance. Children from the age of 15 can take part in the bonus scheme via their own Meine SBK account.
- User-friendly: You are kept up to date on the processing status of the bonus activities you submit.
- Fast: Your bonus will usually be credited on the same day.
- Sustainable: We are saving paper and CO2.
How the tax-free bonus payment works
You can use your collected bonus amount for the following services outside of the regular scope of benefits of statutory health insurance. The advantage is that this option will have no tax implications for you. You will find more information at sbk.org/tax.
You can only submit the following invoices for reimbursement:
- All receipts for the recognition of the bonus activities (e.g. costs paid for sports club, gym or sports course, etc.)
- Private invoices for medical treatment (known as ‘IGeL’ services)
- Private invoices from an alternative practitioner (such as for natural treatment methods, bioelectric procedures or traditional Chinese medicine)
- Invoice for training on breast self-examination by medical touch diagnosticians
- Private invoices for acupuncture
- Private invoices for dental treatment (for example professional teeth cleaning)
- Invoices for glasses lenses and contact lenses for improving vision
- Invoices for devices that measure and record your fitness and health status (e.g. self-tests and rapid tests for coronavirus antibodies, blood pressure monitor)
- Invoices for fitness trackers
- Premium invoices for health and supplementary care insurance, private accident and occupational disability insurance
- Class fees for first-aid courses (including those taken for driving licences)
- Invoices for sports and fitness equipment (such as in-line skates, balls, bicycle helmets)
- Fees for (non-certified) sports, fitness and health classes, as well as health apps, that offer online courses for preventive care or fitness building
- Private invoices for sports examinations
- Private invoices for general anaesthesia
- Private prescriptions for vaccines, as well as private invoices for medical vaccinations (vaccination costs)
- Private invoices for face masks
How to take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally:
- Log in via the Meine SBK app. There you can select the SBK Scheme.
- Right after logging in with your password, set up the two-factor authentication, if you have not done so already. Only then will you have full access to the SBK Bonus Scheme in the app and be able to see your bonus credit.
- Collect your activities digitally using your smartphone.
- Simply select the ‘Redeem credit’ field in Meine SBK. You can then select the bonus you want.
Good to know:
- All insured persons from aged 15 or older can use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally through their own Meine SBK account.
- You can also use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally for your children up to the age of 14 via your Meine SBK account.
- If you still have a printed health booklet, you can submit it with the activities already recorded via the app.
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can take part in the Bonus Scheme with the printed health booklet and submit it to us by post. You can order the health booklet from your personal consultant. It is valid for one calendar year.
Frequently asked questions about the SBK Bonus Scheme
More information can be found on the page Frequently asked questions about the SBK Bonus Scheme.