SBK Bonus Scheme
Motivated, activated and rewarded.
Are you regularly taking care of your health? It’s great that you're taking the time to do that. Now you can reward yourself for your healthy lifestyle with the SBK Bonus Scheme. It’s easy to get involved digitally via the Meine SBK app. This allows you to keep track of your bonus activities wherever you are and at any time – all together in one place along with other SBK services.
You can view the daily status of your bonus credit quickly and easily or submit new activities in just a few easy steps. And just like that, you can look forward to the news that we have credited your bonus a few days later.
You are welcome to submit your printed bonus booklet via the app as well, with the activities you have already recorded.
SBK Bonus Scheme – your SBK benefits:
- You will receive a bonus of €5 for each preventative check-up and each vaccination.
- You receive a bonus of €10 per year for professional teeth cleaning.
- In the area of health-conscious choices and sport, you receive €10 per activity once you have completed at least two activities within one year.
- You can take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme via the Meine SBK app – simply register on Meine SBK.
- You can receive your bonus as a cash payment to your bank account or as reimbursement for an invoice for selected health services.
Your SBK benefits from digital use of the SBK Bonus Scheme
- Up to date: You can see your latest bonus credit balance.
- Easy: You can submit your activities and upload the required proof any time and anywhere via Meine SBK.
- User-friendly: You are kept up to date on the processing status of the bonus activities you submit.
- Fast: You usually receive your bonus credit on the same day or receive a message from us in three working days at the latest.
- Sustainable: We are saving paper and CO².
How the health bonus works
You can use your collected bonus amount for the following services outside of the regular scope of benefits of statutory health insurance. The advantage is that this option will have no tax implications for you.
- You can only submit the following invoices for reimbursement:
- Private invoices for medical treatment (known as ‘IGeL’ services)
- Private invoices from an alternative practitioner (such as for natural treatment methods, bioelectric procedures or traditional Chinese medicine)
- Private invoices for acupuncture
- Private invoices for dental treatment (except professional teeth cleaning)
- Invoices for glasses lenses and contact lenses for improving vision
- Invoices for fitness trackers, such as the Apple Watch
- Contribution invoices for additional hospital and nursing care insurance
- Class fees for first-aid courses (including those taken for driving licences)
- Invoices for sports and fitness equipment (such as in-line skates, balls, bicycle helmets)
- Fees for (non-certified) sports, fitness and health classes, as well as health apps, that offer online courses for preventive care or fitness building
- Private invoices for sports examinations
- Private invoices for general anaesthesia
- Private prescriptions for vaccines, as well as private invoices for medical vaccinations (vaccination costs)
- Private invoices for face masks
You can find out more about how you receive your health bonus in the next section under "How to take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme".
How to take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally:
- Log in via the Meine SBK app. We recommend using a smartphone as this is the quickest and most convenient option.
- Right after logging in with your password, set up two-factor authentication with a device registration code, if you have not done so already. Only then will you have full access to the SBK Bonus Scheme in the app and be able to see your bonus credit.
- Don’t have a valid device registration code? Request a new one via the Meine SBK app. For security reasons you will receive the code by post within a few days.
- Collect your activities digitally using your smartphone.
- Simply select the ‘Redeem credit’ field in Meine SBK. You can then select the bonus you want.
If you do not have a smartphone, you can participate in the Bonus Scheme using the bonus booklet in paper form and submit this to us by post.
For family members 17 years of age and younger, you can print out the bonus booklets at home from Meine SBK. Alternatively, you can order the bonus booklet from your personal consultant and have it sent to you by post. The booklet is valid for one calendar year.
Every customer 15 years of age or older can use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally through their own Meine SBK account.
Next year you will also be able to use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally for your children aged 14 and younger. We will let you know when this option becomes available.
Frequently asked questions about the SBK Bonus Scheme
More information can be found on the page Frequently asked questions about the SBK Bonus Scheme.