SBK Bonus Scheme
Motivated, activated and rewarded.
Are you regularly taking care of your health? It’s great that you're taking the time to do that. Now you can reward yourself for your healthy lifestyle with the SBK Bonus Scheme. It’s easy to get involved digitally via the Meine SBK app. This allows you to keep track of your bonus activities wherever you are and at any time – all together in one place along with other SBK services.
New for you in 2024!
Becoming a member of a sports club or taking part in a park run, for example, will thus give you twice as much bonus credit form this year on: € 20 for each. There is also something good for the little ones and teenagers: there is € 10 on offer here for taking part in health checks for children and young people.
And because every step counts, not only are we doubling the bonus for the 10,000 Steps Challenge in the Meine SBK app, but will also be rewarding this twice this year.
How to take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally:
- Log in via the Meine SBK app. There you can select the SBK Scheme.
- Right after logging in with your password, set up the two-factor authentication, if you have not done so already. Only then will you have full access to the SBK Bonus Scheme in the app and be able to see your bonus credit.
- Collect your activities digitally using your smartphone.
- Simply select the ‘Redeem credit’ field in Meine SBK. You can then select the bonus you want.
Good to know:
- All insured persons from aged 15 or older can use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally through their own Meine SBK account.
- You can also use the SBK Bonus Scheme digitally for your children up to the age of 14, simply via your Meine SBK account.
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can take part in the Bonus Scheme in paper form and submit your documents to us by post. You can order a printed from for collecting stamps with your personal consultant. It is valid for one calendar year.
- If you still have collected stamps, you can submit it with the activities already recorded via the app.
How the tax-free bonus payment works
You can use your collected bonus amount for the following services outside of the regular scope of benefits of statutory health insurance. The advantage is that this option will have no tax implications for you. You will find more information at sbk.org/tax.
You can only submit the following invoices for reimbursement:
- All receipts for the recognition of the bonus activities (e.g. costs paid for sports club, gym or sports course, etc.)
- Private invoices for medical treatment (known as ‘IGeL’ services)
- Private invoices from an alternative practitioner (such as for natural treatment methods, bioelectric procedures or traditional Chinese medicine)
- Invoice for training on breast self-examination by medical touch diagnosticians
- Private invoices for acupuncture
- Private invoices for dental treatment (for example professional teeth cleaning)
- Invoices for glasses lenses and contact lenses for improving vision
- Invoices for devices that measure and record your fitness and health status (e.g. self-tests and rapid tests for coronavirus antibodies, blood pressure monitor)
- Invoices for fitness trackers
- Premium invoices for health and supplementary care insurance, private accident and occupational disability insurance
- Class fees for first-aid courses (including those taken for driving licences)
- Invoices for sports and fitness equipment (such as in-line skates, balls, bicycle helmets)
- Fees for (non-certified) sports, fitness and health classes, as well as health apps, that offer online courses for preventive care or fitness building
- Private invoices for sports examinations
- Private invoices for general anaesthesia
- Private prescriptions for vaccines, as well as private invoices for medical vaccinations (vaccination costs)
- Private invoices for face masks