SBK Bonus Scheme (up to the end of 2020)
The rules of the SBK Bonus Scheme up to the end of 2020
You do something for you – we do something for you. Get a double bonus for your effort: if you are committed to your health, we will reward your participation in preventive medical check-ups and sports activities within the SBK Bonus Scheme – with €10 for each check-up/activity once you have collected evidence of participation in at least two activities.
On this page you will find the rules of the SBK Bonus Scheme valid for the attendance duration up to the end of 2020.
SBK Bonus Scheme – your SBK benefits:
- The SBK Bonus Scheme is simple: Every healthy activity you log in your bonus booklet earns you €10. You will receive the bonus when you have completed at least two activities. Even doing just two things is enough to earn a reward.
- The first time you receive a reward, you get a one-time welcome bonus of 25 euros.
- You can take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme online and print out your health file as verification – all you have to do is register on Meine SBK (your personal online self-service branch). After registering you will automatically receive a new health file every year.
- You choose: you can either receive your bonus as a cash incentive paid directly into your bank account or redeem your reward as a health bonus that you invest collectively back into your health directly. You can redeem the collected bonus amount for sports equipment, glasses or treatments at an alternative practitioner. These are just some examples; the complete list of all reimbursable invoices can be found on this page under ‘How the health bonus works’. Choosing this second option has tax benefits, as the bonus amount is not considered a contribution reimbursement and therefore does not have to be reported to the tax office.
Offers You receive a bonus for Frequency Reward Dental care or professional teeth cleaning Treatment from a dentist in order to have healthy teeth 1× per year €10.00 Protective vaccinations
or travel vaccinations
Recommended vaccinations and protective vaccinations recommended for travel abroad 1× per year €10.00 Health MOT from the age of 35 Health MOT from the age of 35 for early detection of diseases 1x between the ages of 18 and 34
From the age of 35 every three calendar years.
€10.00 Cancer screening One statutory cancer screening, regardless of the type of screening 1× per year €10.00 Prenatal care or J2 check-up Participation in certified health classes or the J2 check-up for young people aged 16–17 1× per year €10.00 SBK health campaign at work Participation in health campaigns conducted by your employer in cooperation with SBK 1× per year
€10.00 Swimming or sports badge Sports badge awarded by the German Olympic Sports Confederation and its affiliated clubs 1× per year €10.00 Membership in a sports club or gym Active membership in a sports club or gym 1× per year €10.00 Fit and active Outdoor activities led by expert instructors, e.g. hiking/mountain biking classes through the German Alpine Club (DAV) or German Hiking Association (DWV), organised cycling tours through the General German Cycling Club (ADFC), corporate and city organised runs 1× per year €10.00
The first time you receive a reward as an adult, you get a one-time welcome bonus of 25 euros.
Type of service Your child receives a bonus for Frequency Reward Dental care Biannual check-up for healthy teeth 1× per year €10.00 U and J check-ups Complete U1–U11 and J1 check-ups as appropriate for the age of the child 1× per year €10.00 Protective vaccinations Recommended vaccinations 1× per year €10.00 Sports badge Achievement of a sports badge 1× per year €10.00 Swimming badge Achievement of a swimming badge 1× per year €10.00 Sports classes / membership in a sports club Participation in a sports class (e.g. rock-climbing class) or active membership in a sports club 1× per year €10.00
How the health bonus works:
You can use your collected bonus amount for the following services outside of the regular scope of benefits of statutory health insurance. You can only submit the following invoices for reimbursement:
- Private invoices for medical treatment (known as ‘IGeL’ services)
- Private invoices from an alternative practitioner (such as for natural treatment methods, bioelectric procedures or traditional Chinese medicine)
- Private invoices for acupuncture
- Private invoices for dental treatment (except professional dental cleaning)
- Invoices for glasses lenses and contact lenses for improving vision
- Invoices for fitness trackers, such as the Apple Watch
- Contribution invoices for additional hospital and nursing care insurance
- Class fees for first-aid courses (including those taken for driving licences)
- Invoices for sports and fitness equipment (such as in-line skates, balls, bicycle helmets)
- Fees for (non-certified) sports, fitness and health classes, as well as health apps, that offer online courses for preventive care or fitness building
- Private invoices for sports examinations
- Private invoices for general anaesthesia
Send your reimbursable invoice along with your bonus booklet to SBK, 80227 Munich, Germany. You will then receive a reimbursement for this invoice, up to the amount of your collected bonus.
How to take part in the SBK Bonus Scheme:
- Simply register via your personal online self-service branch Meine SBK. That way you can print out your bonus booklet directly at home. Alternatively, you are more than welcome to contact your personal consultant, and we will send you your bonus booklet by post. You use the booklet for one calendar year.
- Just have your doctor or service provider confirm your health activities in your bonus booklet. That way we will know that you have been actively doing something for your health. Every confirmation in your booklet means €10 for you! Fill your booklet with activities throughout the calendar year.
- Submit your bonus booklet with the confirmations of your activities. You can receive your bonus as soon as you have recorded at least two activities in your booklet. Before submitting your bonus booklet, please indicate which bonus option you wish to receive: a cash bonus or a health bonus. Send your bonus booklet no later than 31 March of the following year to SBK, 80227 Munich, Germany. You can also hand in your bonus booklet at an SBK branch.
- After submitting your bonus booklet, if you choose the cash bonus the money will be transferred directly to your bank account. If you choose the health bonus, you will be reimbursed for eligible invoices you have sent in, up to the amount of your collected bonus.