Last amended: 11/15/2023
The personal online area Meine SBK (https://meine.sbk.org) is operated / provided by
Heimeranstraße 31, 80339 Munich
Telefon: +49 89 / 62700-0
Fax: +49 89 / 62700-102
§ 1 General Guidelines
Meine SBK enables SBK members to enjoy exclusive, round-the-clock access to a wide variety of information and services. This allows SBK to provide its members with the option of undertaking many tasks online from their homes, whether our offices are open or not.
Participation in Meine SBK is free of charge.
§ 2 Eligibility
Any SBK member who has reached the age of 15 is eligible to use Meine SBK.
Knowledge of a member number, name, and birth date alone is not sufficient to allow retrieval of any other personal information from Meine SBK.
When registering for the SBK Account, which is required to use Meine SBK, you assign an individual, personal password.This password does not allow you to view or change your information, and will not enable you to use services such as online mail.
Only by linking a mobile device (iOS, Android) of your choice is it possible to activate unrestricted access, including data access and the ability to make changes. (so-called two-factor authentication by assigning an app code, device binding and secure proof of your identity) In addition, insured family members are displayed for certain services.
You are obliged to ensure that no third party gains possession of your password, your app code and your registered device. If this duty of care is breached, SBK will assume no liability for any damages that may arise.
§ 4 Registration and Login
Eligible users can register for Meine SBK online at:https://meine.sbk.org
- Registration for the SBK Account, which enables the use of Meine SBK, requires the provision of personal data: Insurant’ s number, postal code, identification number of your healthcare card and email address. By registering for the SBK Account and using Meine SBK you agree,
- to allow the information you enter to be transmitted to SBK for the purpose of data synchronization.
- After registering for the SBK Account to use Meine SBK, you can already use some services. Unrestricted access can only be activated by linking a mobile device (iOS, Android) of your choice, assigning an app code and providing secure proof of your identity. This allows you to use the full range of functions of Meine SBK.
§ 5 Online Mail Service
After completing the registration for the SBK Account, linking a mobile device (iOS, Android), assigning the app code and proving your identity, you can use the online mail service.
This service allows you to receive messages and documents in your Meine SBK mailbox. As soon as a new document arrives in your mailbox, you will be notified via email. The email address used for this purpose can be found in the “My Info” section of Meine SBK, and can be changed at any time.
Documents in your mailbox are archived for up to four years. You also have the option of printing out documents and saving them on your device.
You may unsubscribe from the online mail service at any time in the secure area online or by calling us at 0800 072 572 597 50 (toll-free from within Germany).
§ 6 Personal Infomail
Meine SBK also offers you to the option of signing up for personal infomail. Personal infomail allows your personal adviser to send you regular emails with topics and tips relating to your health, and SBK offers that may be of interst to you. The email address used to send you personal infomail can be found in the “My Info” section of Meine SBK, and can be changed at any time.
You may unsubscribe from personal infomail at any time in the secure area online or by calling us at 0800 072 572 597 50 (toll-free from within Germany).
§ 7 Duty of Care and Obligation to Cooperate / Disclaimer of Liability
- The personal password and the app code for the SBK Account are important security measures when using Meine SBK. Use the logout button to exit Meine SBK and close the browser completely when using Meine SBK web version. Do not let third parties take possession of your personal password and app code. SBK assumes no liability for any damages that may arise in the event that you breach your duty of care.
- SBK will strive to ensure that our services are always accessible to our members, but will assume no liability for (a) errors, delays, or interruptions in delivery of these services or for (b) malfunctions in our technical facilities or disruption to such services. There is no entitlement to permanent access to our services.
- Furthermore, we assume no liability for incorrect content or damages that may arise due to (c) the loss or deletion of data, (d) malicious software, or (e) other issues resulting from use of the SBK portal unless the aforementioned damages are caused by willful intent or gross negligence on the part of SBK.
§ 8 Cancellation
You may cancel your participation in Meine SBK online in the secure area or by calling us at 0800 072 572 597 50 (toll-free from within Germany). If you cancel your participation in Meine SBK, this will also cancel your participation in the online mail service and your subscription to personal infomail.
§ 9 Suspension of Access to Meine SBK
If it emerges that a participant is not authorized to use Meine SBK under §2, or is misusing Meine SBK, SBK is entitled to block access to Meine SBK.
For security reasons, access will be suspended for one hour if an incorrect password is entered three times in a row.
§ 11 Copyright
All content on the Meine SBK site, including layouts, graphics, logos, software, text, etc., is protected by copyright.