The comprehensive access to digital healthcare
What is quite practical: Instead of a lot of login details, the SBK Account gives you comprehensive access to the digital services Meine SBK, the SBK electronic health record and the E-Rezept (e-prescription) app. This makes it particularly easy for you. Just register once and enjoy all the benefits of the digital services quickly and conveniently. It goes without saying that your sensitive data is reliably protected.
Content of this page:
How to get an SBK Account
1. Your registration
Simply create your user account when you register in Meine SBK or the SBK electronic health record. Have your SBK healthcare card to hand. Enter the following data:
With these details your SBK Account will be created. Please activate your SBK Account now. Check your online mailbox now and confirm your email address. You can now log into the online service you want (Meine SBK, SBK electronic health record or E-Rezept app) with your health insurance number and password.
This login corresponds to a so-called 1-factor authentication (1FA), with which, for security reasons, only part of the scope of digital services can be used.
In order to be able to use all online services, two-factor authentication (2FA) is required, which you will receive in the next steps “Device registration’ and “Identity verification’.
2. Device registration
Register a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) for your SBK Account. To do so, you assign a one-time app code, which consists of six digits. Make sure you remember your app code, as you need it regularly to be able to use protected online services.
We recommend: In this step, activate the biometrics for the app code. For example, the future app code entry for 2FA login will be replaced by face or touch ID.
Convenient: You can also register other mobile devices for complete flexibility. You can find out how to do this under “Device sharing”.
3. Identity verification
Your sensitive data is given special protection. This is why the law prescribes secure identification procedures. You can choose between digital and analogue identification methods:
How the SBK Account works
The SBK Account gives you comprehensive access to the digital services Meine SBK, SBK electronic health record and E-Rezept app. The SBK Account login details consist of:
- Health insurance number
- User-defined password (1st factor)
- User-defined app code (2nd factor)
By entering your health insurance number and password, you can log in using what is known as 1-factor authentication (1FA). For security reasons, the 1FA login allows you to use part of the scope of digital services. Particularly sensitive data requiring special protection is not displayed with the 1FA login.
Tip: Feel free to use an external password manager for a very convenient login. In this way, the password manager takes care of entering your password for you. Some password managers can also be used with biometrics, which makes it child’s play.
Convenient within Meine SBK: You remain automatically logged in for 6 months. Only if you explicitly log out, 1FA login is required the next time you visit.
In order to be able to use protected online services and view sensitive data too, the login with two-factor authentication (2FA login) is required. After the 1FA login, enter the user-defined app code. If biometrics was activated for the app code when registering the device, this is child’s play.
Forgotten login details for the SBK Account
Forgotten your login details – this can happen to anyone. Stay calm, as you will be guided through this step by step.
- For your security, your SBK Account will be blocked for 60 minutes if you enter your password incorrectly three times.
- If the app code is entered incorrectly three times, device registrations are automatically deactivated for your security, but not deleted. Device registrations can be deactivated indefinitely. If you remember your app code, please contact your consultant so that device registrations can be reactivated.
Otherwise, click on "Forgot app code".
Device sharing for the use of multiple devices
You can register as many mobile devices as you like (smartphones and tablets) for the SBK Account, so that the protected services can be used on all registered devices. This gives you a lot more flexibility. Once the first mobile device has been successfully registered, the other devices are registered by means of so-called device sharing.
- Open the corresponding application on the other device, log in and follow the instructions for device registration or device release.
- You will then receive a list showing for which digital service a device has already been registered (Meine SBK, SBK electronic health record, E-Rezept app).
- Request sharing by clicking and open the corresponding application on a device that is already registered.
- After the 2FA login, the new app device combination can be enabled under the “Settings” menu. A comparison code that is identical in both applications gives you extra security.
- Now switch to the app on the new device and enter the app code you have chosen and already know. Tip: It is best to activate biometrics so that in future the app code for a 2FA login is entered via face ID or fingerprint.