• SBK Customer Hotline

    0800 072 572 572 50

    7 days / 24h toll-free within Germany 

  • Find your

    personal consultant

    How can I help you?

Save time with the right health insurer

Your personal consultant will show you how.

As a self-employed worker, there’s mainly one thing you have very little of: time. That’s why, with SBK, your personal consultant is there to support you, to take care of lots of things for you and give you advice – especially when it comes to money-related topics like contribution amounts and relief, proof of income and protection in the event of an illness. With SBK on your side, you are in the best position to handle any situation. That way you can focus on what’s important to you.

The good news:

You can become an SBK member in just two steps and enjoy all of the benefits of membership. Find out more here.

Strong services, fair contributions

As a self-employed worker, you can get voluntary insurance through SBK and enjoy the many excellent services we provide, as well as individual support. Your personal consultant is always on your side, a specialist when it comes to everything relevant to self-employed workers. Whether it concerns protection in the event of illness, income thresholds or changes to your income, potential contribution relief or bonus rewards.

You decide what solution suits you best. The contribution amount always depends on your income, so your contributions are adjusted to match your individual financial situation.

The legally prescribed minimum assessment threshold is €1,178.33 (value 2024). The ceiling threshold for self-employed workers is €5,175.00 (value 2024). So if you earn less than the minimum assessment threshold, your contribution is calculated from this threshold amount. If you earn more than the ceiling threshold, this ceiling threshold is the maximum amount used to calculate your contribution. Your contribution is currently 15.7% (or 16.3% with sick pay entitlement) of your income, taking the specified assessment thresholds into account.

Whatever your pay, with SBK you get a wide range of benefits and services for overseas stays, alternative medicine, preventive care and much more. And you get the peace of mind of knowing you are protected in any eventuality and can always get the right answers to your questions from your personal consultant.

Important questions about insurance cover for self-employed workers